Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sugar AKA Sox - Adoption Update - Pick of the Litter

Beautiful Sugar
It has been about 15 months since we adopted Sugar (better now known as SOX.)
Sox is doing very well…..he adapted very quickly to our home and the other animals. He and our other cat Thinker have become the best of friends, they nap together, play together, wash each other, etc. Sox likes to follow Thinker around. He will meow loudly (this is the only time he meows)to let us know when Thinker is at the door and wants to come inside
We took Sox to the Vet a few days after we adopted him; He was diagnosed shortly after with Hyperthyroid disease. He takes medication daily and
has put on about 3 lbs since we adopted him. He is very strong and healthy now.
He has a love/hate relationship with our dog Bailee (mix of an Italian Greyhound and terrier (we think). He will chase Bailee around the house and likes to reach up from the floor when Bailee is lying on the couch and give him a few love slaps in the face. This usually gets Bailee to chase him.
Sox is a very affectionate and loving cat, when he is not with Thinker, he follows me around like a puppy dog, he even listens like a dog. He waits for me to go to bed at night and will jump in the bed and snuggle in the middle, always touching either me or my husband. He usually will sleep through the night with us.
I don’t think I have ever had such an affectionate cat.
I just love him to pieces…I am so grateful that we found each other.
Pauline and Michael

No comments: